If you have previously completed the PES program and would like to get access to the content including all of the latest updates for just $99 (limited time offer Reg. $199), please call 800-460-6276.
CEUs: NASM – 1.9
Sports Performance is one of the most demanding forms of training. The NASM Performance Enhancement Specialization (PES) will prepare you to work with athletes at any level from youth sports to professional athletes. With its foundation on the evidence-based OPTTM model, PES takes training to a higher level by introducing the Maximal Power phase. The advanced knowledge and skills gained from the PES program will help you improve client athletic performance including their power, speed, agility and quickness.
With the NASM-PES you can:
- Open new career opportunities. Gain the skillset to effectively train athletes at all levels in both one-on-one and team settings.
- Increase your expertise. Understand the science of human movement and learn cutting-edge sports performance exercise techniques.
- Earn more. 1 NASM-CPTs with an NASM-PES earn 59% more than other Certified Personal Trainers.
- Help people achieve their sports performance goals by training safely and effectively.
The NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) All-Inclusive program includes everything you need to successfully achieve the NASM-PES credential. It is an online-based program that includes:
PES All-Inclusive Program Outline:
- Online PES exam
- NASM-PES hardcopy textbook
- NEW Cueing videos
- NEW Lecture videos
- NEW Interactive learning modules
- NEW Client Scenarios
- Online practice exam
- Module 1: Essentials of Integrated Training
- Module 2: Introduction to Human Movement Science
- Module 3 Sports Performance Testing
- Module 4: Flexibility Training for Performance Enhancement
- Module 5: Cardiorespiratory Training for Performance Enhancement
- Module 6: Core Training Concepts for Performance Enhancement
- Module 7: Balance Training Concepts for Performance Enhancement
- Module 8: Plyometric Training Concepts for Performance Enhancement
- Module 9: Speed, Agility, and Quickness Training for Performance Enhancement
- Module 10: Integrated Resistance Training for Performance Enhancement
- Module 11: Olympic Lifting for Performance Enhancement
- Module 12: The Science of Periodization and the Optimum Performance Training Model
- Module 13: Current Concepts in Injury Prevention
- Module 14: Performance Nutrition
- Module 15: Ergogenic Aids
- Module 16: Performance Psychology: Integrating Physical and Mental Training
- Module 17: Learning Styles and Coaching
- Module 18: Weight Room Maintenance and Management
- A current NASM-CPT certification, or
- A current health and fitness certification accredited by NCCA, NBFE or DETC, or
- REPs Level 3 or higher credential (candidates outside of the US only), or
- 4-year collegiate degree or
- Be a current Licensed or Certified Massage Therapist
Please see the NASM Terms and Conditions for more details.
*2014 Annual NASM-CPT Survey, n=1,901