Want Exercise Demonstrations on the Go? Try the NASM EDGE App!
- Train In-Person or Remote
- Manage from Mobile and Computer
- Easy Scheduling and Client Management
- Process and Collect Payments
- Built-In Chat
- Instant Custom Workouts
- Assessment Wizard
- Smart Nutrition
- Client Dashboard
- State-of-the-Art Video Library
- Pass the Test on the First Try
Static: Seated Calf Stretch
Body Part: Calves
Equipment: Stretch Strap
Step 1: Sit on a bench with good posture. Position one leg on the bench with kneecap and toe pointing straight upward. Wrap a stretch strap around the ball of the foot.
Step 2: Draw in the abs and ensure the leg is straight. Pull the toes toward the nose until a good stretch is felt in the calf. Hold for the recommended time.
Step 3: Repeat on the other leg. Maintain posture throughout. Avoid slouching, rounding the shoulders, letting the arch of the foot collapse or the knee to rotate in.