Want Exercise Demonstrations on the Go? Try the NASM EDGE App!
- Train In-Person or Remote
- Manage from Mobile and Computer
- Easy Scheduling and Client Management
- Process and Collect Payments
- Built-In Chat
- Instant Custom Workouts
- Assessment Wizard
- Smart Nutrition
- Client Dashboard
- State-of-the-Art Video Library
- Pass the Test on the First Try
Body Part: Abdominals
Step 1: Lie on your side with the feet stacked, toes pulled toward the nose and forearm on the ground with elbow under the shoulder. Draw in the belly button, brace the abs, and squeeze the glute muscles.
Step 2: Lift the body off of the floor and form a straight line from head to heel.
Step 3: Reverse the pattern and return to the starting position. Maintain posture throughout.
Step 4: Repeat for the desired number of repetitions or time. Avoid pointing the toes, shoulder blade collapsing, body twisting or chin jutting forward.