Want Exercise Demonstrations on the Go? Try the NASM EDGE App!
- Train In-Person or Remote
- Manage from Mobile and Computer
- Easy Scheduling and Client Management
- Process and Collect Payments
- Built-In Chat
- Instant Custom Workouts
- Assessment Wizard
- Smart Nutrition
- Client Dashboard
- State-of-the-Art Video Library
- Pass the Test on the First Try
Body Part: Abdominals
Step 1: Lie on the stomach with the feet together and the forearms on the ground with elbows under the shoulders. Draw in the belly button, brace, and squeeze the glute muscles. Lift the body off of the floor and form a straight line from head to heel.
Step 2: Next, push up from the ground, one arm at a time, into a push up position.
Step 3: Reverse the pattern and return to the starting position.
Step 4: Repeat for the desired number of repetitions or time. Avoid feet collapsing inward, shoulder blades winging or chin falling toward the floor.