Want Exercise Demonstrations on the Go? Try the NASM EDGE App!
- Train In-Person or Remote
- Manage from Mobile and Computer
- Easy Scheduling and Client Management
- Process and Collect Payments
- Built-In Chat
- Instant Custom Workouts
- Assessment Wizard
- Smart Nutrition
- Client Dashboard
- State-of-the-Art Video Library
- Pass the Test on the First Try
Close Grip Bench Press
Body Part: Deltoids, Triceps
Step 1: Lie on the bench with your feet straight and flat on the floor. Grasp the barbell to narrower-than-shoulder-width apart.
Step 2: Unrack the bar and bring it directly over shoulders with straight arms (this is the starting position).
Step 3: Press the bar up, fully extending the arms returning to the starting position. Pause.
Step 4: Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.