CEUs: 1.5 NASM, 15 AFAA, 2.9 ACE, 10 CIMSPA Endorsed CPD Points, 2 EREPS Learning Hours
The NASM Virtual Coaching Specialization is an immersive online experience, equipping you with the skills, tools, and strategies needed to launch, operate, or transition your current fitness or wellness business into a successful Online Coaching Business. Click here for a detailed course tour.
You will learn how to foster an engaging and effective online relationship with your clients. This course is now included with all NASM Certified Personal Trainer programs.
NASM’s Virtual Coaching Specialization will enable its recipients to:
- Complete essential components of a business plan required to launch an online training business.
- Use an online environment to conduct and modify fitness assessments on clients.
- Design programming for clients with an array of weight loss goals and obstacles.
- Coach and cue clients in an online training environment.
- Modify programming based on specific client needs in a virtual environment.
- Coach an array of different client needs in a digital environment using proven behavior change strategies such as goal setting and motivational interviewing.
- Use the online environment to increase a client's average order value.
- Compare effective sales and marketing strategies used to operate and sustain a successful online training business.
✔ Section 1: Building a Virtual Coaching Business
Chapter 1: Introduction to Virtual Coaching
Chapter 2: Building a Business
Chapter 3: Technology Considerations
✔ Section 2: Virtual Assessments & Coaching Strategies
Chapter 4: Communication and Coaching Strategies
Chapter 5: Administering Virtual Assessments
Chapter 6: Implementing Coaching Sessions
✔ Section 3: Sales & Marketing
Chapter 7: Integrating Wearables into Virtual Coaching
Chapter 8: Selling Virtual Coaching
Chapter 9: Marketing Virtual Coaching
✔ 9 In-Depth Chapters
See the course curriculum and what you will learn in each chapter here.
✔ Practical Tools and Resources
✔ 34 Infographics & 9 Printable Handouts
✔ 9 Lecture & Demonstration Videos
✔ 9 Chapter Quizzes
✔ Online Final Exam
There are 100 test questions with a 90 minute time limit. You must pass with a scaled score of 70 or better.
✔ High-Quality, Digital Course Portal
This course is 100% online and the high-end, easy-to-use digital delivery portal is accessible on all devices.
"In the midst of the current pandemic, virtual coaching has never been more important. As fitness professionals, we are on the frontlines of maintaining and optimizing our client’s health and fitness without direct contact or guaranteed access to facilities. From developing a specialized business plan to integrating synergistic technology, The Fundamentals of Virtual Coaching provides fitness professionals with the skills, tools, and strategies to operate a scalable virtual coaching business that fosters improved client outcomes, relationships, and financial success."
-Kevin Longoria MSc, CEP
"Virtual personal training and nutrition coaching is here to stay. If you aren't online, you're at the back of the line. Personal training careers go far beyond gym walls, and with the NASM Virtual Training Specialization course, you'll be thoroughly prepared to launch your business and take it next level - virtually!"