Review the research on what types of exercise can mitigate symptoms of anxiety, so you can better understand this complex relationship and what it means for your clients (and you!).
- Explain the difference between everyday anxiety and an anxiety disorder.
- Identify and list the symptoms of an anxiety disorder that may warrant treatment.
- Summarize the current research on exercise as an intervention for anxiety.
- Discuss the unique exercise challenges faced by people with an anxiety disorder.
- Adapt exercise programming to help prevent or relieve some anxiety symptoms.