To become an NASM CPT, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have current Emergency Cardiac Care (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification prior to sitting for the exam (not required to purchase the CPT).
You must have a passion for health and fitness and helping others live healthier lives!
The NASM CPT Exam
- Please print and review the NASM_BOC_Certification_Candidate_Handbook (PDF, 376K) for information regarding testing procedures.
- Register for exam by calling PSI/LaserGrade at 1-800-211-2754 (USA & Canada) or Schroeder Measurement Technologies (SMT)/IsoQuality Testing (International) to confirm a date, time and location for your exam.
- You will be eligible to schedule your exam three (3) business days after enrollment with NASM.
- Click here to find a PSI location near you.
- Bring to testing center
- Valid, current Photo ID; and
- Current, valid Emergency Cardiac Care (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification from:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- American Safety and Health Institute
- St. John Ambulance
- Emergency Care & Safety Institute
- Emergency Medical Technician
If you pass the exam, you will be able to print a temporary certificate from your Member Page after three to five business days. An official certificate will be mailed to you within four weeks of passing the exam.
If you do not pass the exam, you can call NASM-BOC three or more business days after your testing date to purchase a retest. Students will have 180 days from the retest purchase date to take the exam.
If you need to reschedule your exam appointment, you must call PSI/LaserGrade with more than 24 hours notice or you will be charged a late cancellation fee. If you do not show for an exam appointment, you will be required to pay a no show fee. Need Special Accommodations? (PDF, 56K) Establishment of NASM CPT Passing Score (PDF, 30K) NASM CPT Aggregate Score Information (PDF, 59K)