Certification Candidate Handbook
NASM BOC (Board of Certification) is a division within the National Academy of Sports Medicine that actively upholds all policies and procedures created by the Certification Advisory Council regarding obtaining and maintaining NASM credentials. NASM BOC has developed this NASM CPT Certification Candidate Handbook (PDF, 519K) for all individuals eligible to take a NASM CPT certification examination.
The NASM CPT Certification Candidate Handbook contains important information regarding exam eligibility requirements, registration and administration procedures, as well as appendices containing NASM’s Code of Professional Conduct and current recertification requirements.
Please review the appendices in this handbook, as the information may be represented on the certification exam.
We thank you for your continued support of NASM and look forward to serving you for many more years to come.
Exam Preparation Summary
- Read this NASM CPT Certification Candidate Handbook (PDF, 519K).
- Obtain adult CPR and AED certification (see handbook for details).
- Take online practice exam by clicking “login” from our website at www.nasm.org.
- Schedule exam with PSI/LaserGrade within 180 days of your enrollment by calling 1-800-211-2754.
- Bring CPR/AED card and photo ID with you to the exam. No other materials or belongings are permitted.
Download the Certification Candidate Handbook (PDF, 519K).